First and foremost, I am going to apologise for the lateness of this post. I am still readjusting to my new home and face that I feel that blogging has taken a back side to life. I hate it but there is a need to engage in the world. Thats being said…..I give my thanks to Awkward Babble for their nominations. You must go check out the blog as it is interesting and intriguing. A 34 year old take on finding inspiration. I can relate to her and her blog as I am sure a lot of others do.
So, The Liebster Award is completely alien to me so I am just going to follow suit from the previous one I have seen. Hope I’m doing this right!
1. Acknowledge the blogger(s) who nominated you
2. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked
4. Nominate 5-11 other newbie bloggers , you find interesting
5. Ask them 11 Questions
11 facts about me
1. I am 29 years old
2. I have half American/British
3. My favourite animal is a jellyfish
4. I have two brothers and we all live on separate continents.
5. I was once hit by a deer when driving…. yes the deer actually ran into my car.
6. I am a firm believer in the silver lining theory
7. I cry at romantic films and books
8. I still bite my fingernails… dirty habits I know
9. I adore the comic Peanuts and love Snoopy.
11. I secretly hope that I will fall in love one day. The kind of love that I read about.
Questions from my Nominators
1. What is your favorite quote?
Ummm.. my favourite quote. I think it has to be “without anyone’s affection or acknowledge, you are enough.” It is a great reminder that I am, as we all are, perfect as we are without anyone’s justification or validation of our existence.
2. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I think I would have to say my resilience. I think that I am stronger than I feel. I have been bent and broken, folded and moulded over the years to fit into this box of “others expectations” and I have always bounced back.
3. Tell me one thing that makes you unique?
Honesty, I don’t think I have a unique quality about me but I like it that way. I am an average girl in this huge world.
4. What is your biggest accomplishment?
These are not easy questions…. My biggest accomplishment to date is having my heart broken 3 times and coming back from it stronger than ever. My whole life involves around the idea of love and when I let myself love, its with all that I have. 3 women have broken me to my core and I chose to still let love in. Thats huge for me.
5. Because I know we never have just 1, what are your 3 favorite books?
- Say goodnight Gracie by Julie Reece Deaves
- Because of Romek by David Faber
- Me Before you by Jojo Moyers
6. If you had the ability to go back in time or go forward in time, which would you choose and why?
I would go back and do it all over again. I would relive everything I have done with open eyes and see what I didn’t see before. Goodbyes are always so hard but its harder when you need got to say them.
7. If you could fix 1 problem in the world, what would it be?
I would want to fix the power that people give fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of change, Fear of Different. We act upon fear more than fact.
8. If you could wish 1 mythological creature into existence, what would it be?
A phoenix. I want to see an animal rise from its own ashes. That is a powerful metaphor and I think it would be magical to see.
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Camping with my family in Kings Canyon, Sequoia, Lemon Cove, etc. I love getting woken up at 4am, being put in the van and driving into the sunrise with my mom, dad and two brothers. I love the outdoors, the freedom it gives you. There is no better connection than the one with nature.
10. What are you going to do to be successful this week?
Plan a £20 date night. 🙂
11. If I told you to go look in the mirror and tell yourself you’re awesome, will you go do it?
Absolutely, even do it with superman pose.
So I have to nominate people that I think are interesting and well, good bloggers. I have searched and the following are some of my favourite blogs. There were more but I have only put down ones that have not had a nomination yet as far as I am aware :
Questions for my Nominees
1. What is your favourite animal?
2. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
3. What is your biggest accomplishment?
4. What is your Starbucks drink of choice?
5. What book would you recommend for me to read?
6. What is your biggest fear?
7. What is your favourite day of the week and why?
8. What three things would you take to a desert island?
9. What makes your smile, like wholeheartedly smile the most?
10. What is the last song you heard?
11. If I told you that you could do anything and you would not fail, what would you do?
Have fun 🙂